Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Don't Understand God

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8

You think you know Someone and then He does the unexpected.

Everything was going along as planned and God just does what he wants when he wants to do it. Without clearing it with me first or even asking my permission!

I just don't get Him. Why can't He just act like what I think he should?

I have come to realize that I had God in this nice tidy little box and everything was just fine.

Well, I guess not for Him and I am so glad for that!

I don't want God to be only what I think He is capable of or only what I imagine Him to be. I want God to be God.

He is so amazing and I know he is doing what is best for me. I know God loves us just the same. The Bible says He is "no respector of persons" but I just can't help feeling spoiled most of the time.

I am glad God does just what He wants.

I heard it said once, "What kind of a God would He be if we could figure Him out."

Oh, that was so true for me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment