Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
- 1:33 "But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil."
- 3:2 "For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee."
- 4:9 "She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee."
- 4:22 "For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
- Read your Bible everyday.
- Pray everyday.
- Go to church.
There are probably more ways to remember Gods goodness and mercy toward us and all his other wonderful promises but those three can keep us busy for while. Remember, don't forget!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I;" Psalms 61:2 KJB
Friday, August 13, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
- 1:6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous
- 7:11 God judgeth the righteous
- 7:17 I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness
- 9:8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness
- 11:7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness
Then there are chapters of Psalms that plead for help 12:1 & 17:1. He seems pretty desperate by chapter 22. Then chapter 24 is praise to God.
It is hard to lump this reading all together because the chapters seem like separate poems. But no matter how unworthy we see ourselves the Lord is good to his own and not just good but very good!
- 13:6 " I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me."
- 16:11 "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
It makes me want to do right, to stay close, to not disappoint God. He makes following Him very easy. Not because I am righteous but because He is righteous.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord." II Chr. 12:14 KJB
In today's reading Solomon is done making the temple. They all got together to praise the Lord. Solomon prays and asks for blessings if the people obey. Then God bestows wisdom on Solomon. All that took about 20 years. Solomon prepared his heart to serve the Lord. But When you read about Rehoboam becoming king, you see he had not done the same preparations and the Bible said he did evil. Two men, a father and a son but what completely different ways of ruling God's people.
This shows me my walk is my own with the Lord. It does not matter what others are doing in my own home or even in my church. I need to make sure I stay right with God. I need to keep making preparations on a daily basis for that goal.
Thank you, Lord for blessing our day!!
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
I learned a few things here.
- I learned to pray for the people in my authority. Pray for them to have wisdom to make the right decisions.
- I learned that if I feel they are making a wrong decision I can ask why they are doing this particular decision and then drop it. I need to get out of the way of the Holy Spirit so God can work on the person.
- I learned from Joab, you do not go back and say, "I told you so." Just keep serving God because everyone makes mistakes.
Monday, August 2, 2010