Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Chronological Bible Reading 2 Fall of Satan

The question is, when did Satan fall? It is interesting to me how I have never really given it much thought. I thought it happened before creation. I am fine with putting the fall of Satan between verses 1 and 2 of Genesis chapter 1. I believe the Bible speaks of creation in 6 literal days. I also believe in a young earth.

The Chronological Bible starts with John 1:1. Jesus. The Word. Before anything was created there was Jesus as the Word. This verse made me think of Psalms 119:89, "Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven."

Then Psalms 90:2, before everything that was created, He is God.

Genesis 1:1, creation of heaven and earth

Isaiah 14:12-18, the fall of Satan

Ezekiel 28:13-18 description of the creation and fall of Satan

Genesis 1:2; Jeremiah 4:23-26; Isaiah 45:18; Genesis 2:4, description of the earth

This seems like such a rocky start for the creation of the earth. Let's see what happens the first week!

Would you like to start at the beginning of this discussion? Click here!

Reese, Edward. The Reese Chronological Bible. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 1980. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment