Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Chronological Bible Reading 1 Introduction

I try to read my Bible every day. The God says that the Bible is cleansing (Eph. 5:26). Since I take a shower everyday to keep my body clean I should make sure my soul and spirit are cleansed everyday as well.

I read the King James Bible because I believe it is God's word. I need to know what God is saying to me no matter how hard it is to understand because I want to do what is pleasing to God. I do not think the King James Bible is hard to read. I love my King James Bible.

I have started to read The Reese Chronological Bible by Edward Reese.  It is the King James Bible in Chronological order. Have you every thought about that?  I am going to have a lot of fun posting my readings and sharing what I am learning.

Mr. Reese makes it very clear that no one agrees on some of these dates but it is a great tool to help you study your Bible better. Only the King James Bible verses are inspired and they are they most important thing.

Before I can get started I need to address an issue about creation. I am going to tell you where Mr. Reese stands and then I will share with you how I am going to present it because of what I believe.

Mr. Reese stated that he believes in the Late Creation Theory. I have looked it up and even asked my Facebook friends which include preachers but did not get a response. Mr. Reese does believe in a literal 24 hour day for creation.

I am familiar with the Gap Theory. Basically, it is that God created the heaven and the earth, Gen 1:1. Then Satan fell and God had to start over with Gen 1:2. That is how they say the world is millions of years old.

When did Satan fall? Was is it before creation? Was it after God started creation? Did it have to take millions of years for Satan to fall?

Please continue reading here to find out where I stand on this issue.


Reese, Edward. The Reese Chronological Bible. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 1980. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment