Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Chronological Bible Reading-20 Noah's Vineyard and Drunkenness

Genesis 9:20-21

 Genesis 9:22-27 Curse of Ham

Being that I am a parent I have a different perspective on this section of verses. The actions of a parent can effect their children for generations. This is a very good example of that. Noah's action of getting drunk and then getting naked had a long effect on his son Ham. We still see the results today.

I need to be aware of what I am doing because my children need me to make right choices. They are watching me.

What I want to know is where was Noah's wife? Why didn't she take care of her husband?

I have heard Ham get the blame for this curse but I think that Noah and his wife need to take some of the responsibility  for their actions. If Noah had not been drunk, Ham may not have been cursed.

Just a thought.




Would you like to start at the beginning of this discussion? Click here!

Reese, Edward. The Reese Chronological Bible. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 1980. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment