Wednesday, September 19, 2012

God's Wrath - Day 57

 
Jeremiah 33:23 - Jeremiah 47:7
 
          Israel is provoking God to anger.
 
"Because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke me to anger, in that they went to burn incense, and to serve other gods, whom they knew not, neither they, ye, nor your fathers." Jeremiah 44:3
 
 
          With the works of their hands they are provoking God to wrath.
 
"In that ye provoke me unto wrath with the works of your hands, burning incense unto other gods in the land of Egypt, whither ye be gone to dwell, that ye might cut yourselves off, and that ye might be a curse and a reproach among all the nations of the earth?"
Jeremiah 44:8
 
 
          God will correct his people over time.
 
 
"Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the Lord: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished." Jeremiah 46:28
 
 
          I am just overwhelmed with the immensity of God's power and his wrath on his own people. It just makes me so thankful that I will not have to face it myself. I am glad I am on the winning side.


No comments:

Post a Comment