Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Prepare Day 3



Genesis 25:20-Genesis 40:11


          Just as a farmer prepares the land for the harvest, Esau had spent time preparing himself for the day he would meet with Jacob again.

          Gen.33:4, "And Esau ran to meet him (Jacob), and embraced him and fell on his neck, and kissed him; and they wept."


          His attitude was so very different from when these brothers were together the last time.

          Gen. 27:41, " And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: And Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then I will slay my brother Jacob."

            Esau was now ready to meet Jacob because he had already prepared him self for this day. He had already forgiven him. It was even  a fulfillment of Issac's blessing to Esau.

           Gen. 27:40, "...And it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck."

           Esau could have taken all the Jacob's cattle and killed Leah and the children, but instead, he was gracious. Esau welcomed Jacob and his family.

          I have learned to be gracious to people, especially to those who have wronged me. I need to prepare myself to forgive them. Even if they never ask for forgiveness.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment