Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I am the Lord - Day 9


Leviticus 14:33-Leviticus 26:26

"Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them:
I am the Lord.
Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the Lord which hallow you,
That brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God:
 I am the Lord." Leviticus 22:31-33


            Why did the Lord bring the children of Israel out of Egypt? So He could be their God and they could be His people. In this section of reading he said, "I am the Lord" over 30 times.

"I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God." Leviticus 25:38

            He had to take them away from their routine and habits. He had to shake up their life to get their attention.

"And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people." Leviticus 26:12

          I learned that God wants to be the Lord of my life. He may have to remove me from my comfort zone to do that. I need to be reminded that God is the Lord. I need to keep him as the Lord of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment