Friday, July 27, 2012

Understanding Day 5



Exodus 1:1- Exodus 15:8


"And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;"  Exodus 3:7


          God is instructing Moses to go back to Egypt and bring His people out of the hand of Pharaoh. He told Moses that he knows of their sorrow.


"And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?" Exodus 5:22


          Moses is doing what the Lord wanted him to do but things do not seem to be going as planned. Moses goes back to God and says, what was I suppose to do here?

          Moses did the right thing by coming to God and asking him that question. He came to God with his problem.


"Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land." Exodus 6:1

          God answers Moses. That is what I need to keep doing. Go to the source. I will not find my answers anywhere else.


"Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord," Exodus 15:1

          Moses sang praises to the Lord. That is also what I need to keep doing.

          I learned that I am doing the right thing by staying close to God even when I do not understand what he is doing in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment