Monday, September 27, 2010

Right, Respectful, and Righteousness ~ Day 80


Today's reading Acts 28:17 - Romans 14:23


"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." Romans 5;17 KJB

Wow, I sure have a lot to say about these 14 chapters. It is all about making sure your heart is right. That the inside is cleaned and right with God. That is more important then what you look like. (Romans 2:29) Righteousness is not something we can attain, it is a gift from God. It is Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:17)

Doing right does not make you righteous. There are perks for right living and God is pleased that we choose to do right but Jesus is our righteousness (Romans 5:17).

Being respectful in how we dress or how we act does not make you righteous. Though there are perks when you respect yourself and others. It does not make you righteous. Jesus makes us righteous.

What does righteousness mean to you? Is it a stick you use to beat our sisters in Christ or our lost friends with when we see they do not have the same standards as you or I do? "What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?" I Corn. 4:21 KJB

Do I want my own righteousness or do I want God's righteousness? "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." Romans 10:3 KJB

The Bible says righteousness is Christ. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:4 KJB

Help me be humble and guide others to Christ but also when I fall astray or my friends fall astray help me to still show them the love of Jesus. That is when we need to see the mercy, love, and grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment