Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Train up a Child ~ Day 83

Today's reading Galatians 3:26 - Colossians 4:18

"Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged." Colossians 3:21 KJB

All these verses about righteousness in Jesus Christ and not the law. The law is a curse. There is no hope in the law. Our only hope is Jesus.

More verses about loving one another and how to get along and to be kind. Fathers to not provoke their children to anger. Well, I can only speak as a mother that in one area I have seen recently where children were provoked to anger and boy, was it ever discouraging.

As I take my children pretty much every were I go they hear me talk and are listening to me even when I do not think they are. If I give the impression through my words or my actions that someone is undesirable then my children will be hesitant and withdrawn toward them.

After a couple of months of being gone, we went back to our old stomping grounds and my children went running into the building excited. I was so proud of them as they went in looking for friends we had not seen in a while. But by the time we got back into the car they were less cheerful and what was suppose to be a glad reunion instead had the feeling that they had not been missed at all.

We provoke our children to anger by shunning people and not being kind. We provoke our children to anger by one day speaking to a family and then the next running from them at the store.

Heaven may be a little awkward for some when they see who got in but I want to raise my children to be greeters at heaven's door, thankful for who ever is coming in. That thought process will have to start here when my children are young. As my children watch how I treat people I need to be very careful.

O be careful little ears what you hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment