Saturday, August 11, 2012

God's Way - Day 20


I Samuel 2:30 - I Samuel 15:35


          The prophet Samuel is trying to get Israel to do right but they had a desire and they were not going to be moved from it. They wanted a king.


"And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them."
I Samuel 8:7

          Israel got her wish. God allowed then to pick their own king and his name was Saul.

"When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken: and when they sought him, he could not be found.
Therefore they enquired of the Lord further, if the man should yet come thither. And the Lord answered, Behold he hath hid himself among the stuff."  I Samuel 10:21-22

          Even after they got their own way, they still did not obey the Lord and neither did Saul. Even so, Samuel persisted on doing right.

"Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:" I Samuel 12:23


           I have learned that I will not be happy unless I am doing it God's way. Even when others around me choose a different path. I need to keep following God.







No comments:

Post a Comment