Thursday, August 30, 2012

Name It and Claim It - Day 39

 
Job 42:1 - Psalms 24:10
 
          I have in the past come to the Psalms for comfort. There are a wide range of emotions represented here in this book; Rage, sorrow, fear, rejoicing, and gladness.
 
          There are quite a few verses on how God will deliver the righteous and make the wicked pay. I tried to get comfort from those verses, assuming I was the righteous one and the other guy was the wicked. I took for granted that I knew how God would respond in my situation. I was greatly disappointed.
 
"But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me." Psalms 13:5-6
 
 
          I may never know how God is treating some else and I am foolish to think I know how God is dealing with someone by what I see going on in their life. I only know how God is treating me and sometimes I am not so sure about that. What I have learned is that God is hard to figure out in my life so how can I assume I know how he is treating some one else.
 
"The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether." Psalms 19:9
 
          In the Psalms there are comparisons of the righteous and the wicked. The righteous being well taken care of and the wicked falling to shame. I am very cautious now to apply those verses to my life because I may never see the results, good or bad, that come from my decisions or some one else's. I do know that God is good and his judgements are true. That is where I will find my comfort.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment