Sunday, August 12, 2012

Trust - Day 21



I Samuel 16:1 - I Samuel 28:19



          Saul allowed his emotions to rule his conduct. He had anger and jealousy towards David.

"And David knew that Saul secretly practised mischief against him; and he said to Abiathar the priest, Bring hither the ephod."
I Samuel 23:9

          David realizes what Saul has planned for him which makes him turn towards God.

"Then said David, O Lord God of Israel, thy servant hath certainly heard that Saul seeketh to come to Keilah, to destroy the city for my sake. 
 Will the men of Keilah deliver me up into his hand? will Saul come down, as thy servant hath heard? O Lord God of Israel, I beseech thee, tell thy servant. And the Lord said, He will come down." 
I Samuel 23:10-11


          When the prophet Samuel dies, that throws off Samuel even more. Saul still does not turn to God. He disguises himself and seeks after a witch.

          "And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee."
I Samuel 28:8

          Take note that Saul does not sin alone. He took two men with him.

          David was not a perfect man but he keeps turning to God for help. Saul turned to a man and when that man died he turned to a witch.

          I need to keep my sights and my heart close to God. I need to look towards the Lord for answers and guidance in my life. I have children that will watch and follow the directions I take as things go good and bad in my life. Am I showing them to turn towards the Lord or am I showing them to depend on man?








No comments:

Post a Comment