Saturday, August 4, 2012

Journey - Day 13


Numbers 32:20 - Deuteronomy 7:26

          In this section of reading we read of the journeys of the children of Israel. In Deuteronomy, Moses is reminding them of the first time they came to the border of the promised land.

"And they took of the fruit of the land in their hands, and brought it down unto us, and brought us word again, and said, It is a good land which the Lord our God doth give us."  Deut. 1:25


          It was such a change for them. Could all this good really be them?


"Notwithstanding ye would not go up, but rebelled against the commandment of the Lord your God:"  Deut. 1:26


          They could not believe they deserved it. Was it because they did not trust God? Maybe they did not know God well enough?

"And ye murmured in your tents, and said, Because the Lord hated us, he hath brought us forth out of the land of Egypt, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us." Deut. 1:27


          Did god love us enough to allow all this goodness to really happen to us??


          Then the fellow Christians, who were afraid of change and maybe they did not want the responsibility of such a good land, discouraged the children of Israel even more. 



"Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there." Deut. 1:28


          Moses tried to encourage them but they just would not go.


"Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them. The Lord your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;"  Deut. 1:29,30


          I have learned that the path God has for me to follow is a hard path. Fellow Christians even try to discourage such a journey for me.

          I believe that God loves me and wants me to have good things. This journey I am on is very hard at times but it is also laced with blessings and peace. I know I am right where I need to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment