Friday, August 17, 2012

Purpose - Day 26


I Kings 16:21 - II Kings 4:37

          Elijah the Prophet. The way I imagine him is strong, no nonsense, and authoritative. When he prays in front of 400 plus prophets of Baal, he meant business.

"And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again."
I Kings 18:36-37

          I bet the prophets and on lookers just snickered at Elijah. Their hearts were not going to turn towards the Lord. What was Elijah thinking?
          But when that fire came down from heaven after just one small prayer, yep, they turned towards God.

"And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God." I Kings 18:39

          God used Elijah in mighty ways, however, God still wanted Elijah to know what his purpose was in life.

"And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?"  I Kings 19:13 

           I want God to use me. I may not know specifically what God is doing in my life but I need to have a purpose and a plan to keep me focused. What is your purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment