Monday, July 5, 2010

90 Day King James Bible Read Thru Day 1

Today's reading Genesis 1:1- Genesis 16:16

Day One
I had planned on getting up at 6am but ended up getting up at 6:30. Not so bad. When I got up everyone else was up. Of course, on a normal school or work day NO ONE wants to get up on time much less at 6:30 or earlier! I knew than that the battle was not with reading the bible but it was everything else going on around me.

I did get a few things out of my reading which was a blessing. The first was that husbands are to rule over their wives. (Genesis 3:16 KJB)I do not want to get into the whole women's rights issue but what I got was that it is my husband who is to "rule" over me not my pastor or another woman. Not another families ideas or standards. My husband knows what is best for us. It is God's plan.

The second was found in Genesis 14:19,20 where the term "most high God" is used. Is God the most high in my life? Or is it the T.V. or the computer? Is food the most high in my life? I need to have God be the most high in my life. Then everything else will fall into place. Everything has its proper order. God needs to be first.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree that God needs to be #1 in our lives!
    I am loving this challenge and look forward to growing in Christ with all the participants!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Excited to be reading with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting up so early to read! You're right, there are going to be a lot of distractions to your reading. But persevere! It's worth it (as you know!).

    ReplyDelete