Friday, July 23, 2010

You May Never Know~Day 19


Today's Reading Judges 15:13-I Samuel 2:29

"...and Boaz begat Obed, and Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David." Ruth 4:21,22 KJB

There was so much going on in today's reading. First with Samson and Delilah then no judge at all . Then the trouble with the tribe of Benjamin. Then on to Naomi and the marriage of Ruth to Boaz. Then finally to Hannah and her answer to prayer named Samuel.
The Lord laid on my heart the thought that because Ruth was David's great-grandmother, she could have held little David in her arms. It is quite possible that Ruth knew David. I do not know when she died but it could have happened. In her wildest imaginations could she have seen her little great-grandson as the next King of Israel?
I look at my children and I really have no idea where God is going to take them. I am honored to raise them for the Lord. I am very glad I shelter them from this world and the thought that God has a plan for them makes me try harder to prepare them for however God wants to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment