Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Strength ~ Day 23

Today's reading II Samuel 12:11- II Samuel 11:18

" He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hate me: for they were too strong for me." II Samuel 22:18 KJB

The mighty king David is admitting weakness here. His enemies were too strong for him? I never saw that. I did not see fear as I have been reading about David. Most battles he was turning to the Lord in advance seeking counsel whether he should go in and receive the victory or not. That did not come across as weakness to me. It seemed to be strength.

The battles I face are nothing like what David faced. Through David's example, I need to learn to bring all decisions to the Lord. There is where my strength will lie.

1 comment:

  1. ....and in seeing David admit his weaknesses and fears, we actually see strength---his strength came from The Lord!

    Bless you--

    kari

    ReplyDelete