Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Heavy Load ~ Day 11

Today's reading Numbers 8:15- Numbers 21:7

"I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. " Numbers 11:14 KJB

I find it interesting that Moses could handle writing down thousands of rules and getting them straight. He could organize the building of the tabernacle down to the smallest of details. He could organize millions of people into groups to share the burden of the service of the duties associated with the tabernacle. Moses had a lot of responsibilities but never a word out of Moses that his job was to hard.
Not until the people complained. In my opinion, they just were a bunch of whiners. If things did not go perfectly, they had something to say about it. That was too much for Moses to bear.
I need to teach my children not to complain but I also need to realize that complaining is a heavy load to bear. I need to lift people up and not burden them with my complaints. I need to take my complaints to God and let him deal with it. God will also be able to straighten me out also.

No comments:

Post a Comment