Monday, August 30, 2010

Godly Teaching ~ Day 57

Today's reading Jeremiah 33:23 - 47:7

"And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you: Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever." Jeremiah 35:18,19 KJB

The house of the Rachabites were obeying what they had been taught from their fathers. They knew what to do and they did it. They were blessed for it.

As I raise my children there needs to be godly things that I teach them that I have been taught as I read my Bible and grow in the Lord. I need to pass that down to them not only verbally but by example. Godliness is better caught then taught, as the saying goes.

Let us give our children a godly heritage!



No comments:

Post a Comment