Sunday, August 1, 2010

Draw Me Nearer ~ Day 28

Today's reading II Kings 15:27 - II Kings 25:30

"And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hands of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight." II Kings 17:20 KJB

God was angry. Israel just kept sinning and doing worse and worse that finally God said " Get out of my sight!"

I can remember as a child, my mother saying those words to me when I had been disobedient. Those words cut me to the core. They were worse than a spanking. I knew I had gone to far. Those words made me want to repent quickly but I had to wait for my mom to be ready to speak with me. It had to be on her terms now. Those were very long minutes. Then, when she had calmed down we were able to reconcile.

I do not want to push my Lord like I pushed my mom. I want to stay in good fellowship with him.

Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment