Thursday, August 12, 2010

Righteous ~ Day 39


Today's reading Psalms 1:1 - Psalms 24:10 KJB

Righteous.

That seemed to be the theme word for the first part of the reading.
  • 1:6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous
  • 7:11 God judgeth the righteous
  • 7:17 I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness
  • 9:8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness
  • 11:7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness

Then there are chapters of Psalms that plead for help 12:1 & 17:1. He seems pretty desperate by chapter 22. Then chapter 24 is praise to God.

It is hard to lump this reading all together because the chapters seem like separate poems. But no matter how unworthy we see ourselves the Lord is good to his own and not just good but very good!

  • 13:6 " I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me."
  • 16:11 "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

It makes me want to do right, to stay close, to not disappoint God. He makes following Him very easy. Not because I am righteous but because He is righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment