Friday, August 27, 2010

Seek the Lord ~ Day 55

Today's reading Jeremiah 10:14 - Jeremiah 23:8

"For I earnestly protested unto your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, even unto this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice." Jeremiah 11:7 KJB

Earnestly God is trying to get Israel to obey but they are not. They are not listening. It is getting so bad that the pastors are using their own people and the people are then crying out to God in morning (12:10). If Moses and Samuel were there interceding for them God would still punish Israel (15:7).

In all of this Jeremiah still realizes he is nothing without the Lord and he needs him for strength to get through this very low time for Israel (16:19).

Help me to learn that no matter what rials are going on in my life I need to still seek the Lord. Even when He is the one bringing on the trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment