Thursday, August 5, 2010

Be Prepared ~ Day 32

Today's reading II Chronicles 7:11 - II Chronicles 23:15

"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord." II Chr. 12:14 KJB

In today's reading Solomon is done making the temple. They all got together to praise the Lord. Solomon prays and asks for blessings if the people obey. Then God bestows wisdom on Solomon. All that took about 20 years. Solomon prepared his heart to serve the Lord. But When you read about Rehoboam becoming king, you see he had not done the same preparations and the Bible said he did evil. Two men, a father and a son but what completely different ways of ruling God's people.

This shows me my walk is my own with the Lord. It does not matter what others are doing in my own home or even in my church. I need to make sure I stay right with God. I need to keep making preparations on a daily basis for that goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment