Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Praise the Lord/ Wisdom ~ Day 45

This is the half way point of my 90 day read through the King James Bible!



Today's reading Psalms 135:1 - Proverbs 6:35

"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee." Psalms 143:8 KJB

Today's reading was both praise and wisdom. The idea of Praising the Lord took up a lot of chapters. It was refreshing to just keep reading the words over and over. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord. It showed me that I need to praise the Lord more in my life. Praise the Lord!

I started in Proverbs which covers how to get wisdom (from an ant 6:6). Also the benefits of wisdom:
  1. 1:33 "But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil."
  2. 3:2 "For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee."
  3. 4:9 "She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee."
  4. 4:22 "For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."
It is amazing to me how God has to convince us to get wisdom. It is not something we are going to naturally be drawn to do.

Praise the Lord that our God wants us to be wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment