Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Loyalty ~ Day 30

Today's reading I Chronicles 10:1 - I Chronicles 23: 32

Why? I Chr. 21:3 KJB

Joab is mentioned a lot in the Bible mainly because of his fighting abilities. In this case, Joab is mentioned because he is questioning David's decision to number the people. He did not think that it was a good decision. David's words prevailed and the counting commenced.

I learned a few things here.

  1. I learned to pray for the people in my authority. Pray for them to have wisdom to make the right decisions.
  2. I learned that if I feel they are making a wrong decision I can ask why they are doing this particular decision and then drop it. I need to get out of the way of the Holy Spirit so God can work on the person.
  3. I learned from Joab, you do not go back and say, "I told you so." Just keep serving God because everyone makes mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are able to read and post daily! That is awesome!! So glad you are reading with us! :)

    ReplyDelete